smjb / Creative Commons
- Ford is down 4.47% to $12.52 after the company guided 2018 earnings below expectations.
- The company said 2018 adjusted earnings would come in at about $1.45 to $1.70 per share.
- Estimates had placed earnings at $1.68 per share, according to Bloomberg.
- Ford is still expanding its lineup of electric vehicles and hopes to have 16 fully electric vehicles by 2022.
- The company also said it wants to begin self-driving car production in 2021.
- The carmaker is expected to report its full earnings on January 24.
- Ford is down 1.03% this year.