- Nathan Chen, the star of US figure skating, had a disappointing debut at the Winter Olympics.
- Chen finished fourth in the team event after falling and botching a landing.
- Chen admitted he was nervous after his run, leading to some concerns about how he'll handle the men's individual event, where he's a medal favorite.
Nathan Chen, the 18-year-old star of US figure skating, did not get off to a good start at the Winter Olympics.
In his Olympic debut, taking part in the men's short program for the team event (more on that below), Chen came up well short of expectations, failing to properly execute the quad triple toe, perhaps his specialty, and falling on another jump.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- It's so cold at the Winter Olympics that skiers are being forced to throw away their expensive skis after practice runs
- The first major Olympic event was nearly empty because of the American time zone demands
- Controversy has already hit at the Winter Olympics in mixed doubles curling