- Recently, Russian President Vladimir Putin suggested that artificial intelligence may be the way Russia can rebalance the power shift created by the US.
- This indicates that AI could be the deciding factor in the next cold war, if there is one.
- While wide use of AI-powered cyberattacks may still be some time away, countries are starting to recognize the important of AI cyber technology.
It is easy to confuse the current geopolitical situation with that of the 1980s. The United States and Russia each accuse the other of interfering in domestic affairs. Russia has annexed territory over U.S. objections, raising concerns about military conflict.
As during the Cold War after World War II, nations are developing and building weapons based on advanced technology. During the Cold War, the weapon of choice was nuclear missiles; today it’s software, whether its used for attacking computer systems or targets in the real world.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- TOM BRADY: How the greatest quarterback of all time makes and spends his millions
- Tom Brady was 'hurting all the time' at age 25, but he saved his career by changing his diet and lifestyle
- The 25 highest-paid players in NFL history