- Rosie Mottsmith is a staff engineer at Tesla.
- A former physicist who also once worked on organic farms, she recently helped develop the high-strength glass that went into the Tesla Semi.
- She and her team developed a special cannon to launch projectiles at the glass to test it.
Editors Note: Business Insider had the chance to speak with four Tesla employees from different parts of the company to learn more about their work. And what we discovered were some of the coolest jobs at Tesla. This is the second in the series. You can read about what a Tesla quality inspector does here.
Everybody knows that engineers build stuff. Bridges, buildings, airplanes, robots.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Tesla created the world's best car commercial without spending a dime on advertising
- Tesla rolls out new policies to help keep factory workers safe in wake of backlash
- Porsche is making a $7.4 billion bet on electric cars — and Tesla should be nervous