- China's #MeToo movement changed its name to "Rice Bunny" avoid censorship.
- The new name comes from the words for rice and bunny, mi tu (米兔).
- The change circumvents China's strict censorship laws, which have specifically targeted feminist movements in recent years.
China's #MeToo movement recently changed its name to evade internet censorship.
A Weibo discussion page for the movement — which has received over 2.2 million views — features the hashtag #ricebunny and icons of a rabbit and bowl of rice, which represent women's fight against sexual misconduct in China.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The 20 best romantic movies on Netflix you'll actually want to watch
- Elon Musk: 'We want a new space race — space races are exciting'
- Uma Thurman finally unloads on Harvey Weinstein and Quentin Tarantino in a harrowing account