Associated Press/Manuel Balce Ceneta
- White House counselor Kellyanne Conway met recently with diplomats, including a number of African ambassadors.
- The ambassadors left the meeting disappointed that Conway said almost nothing about Africa, and did not mention President Donald Trump's reported remarks calling African nations "shithole countries."
- One African ambassador said that despite those omissions, the meeting was positive in that someone from Trump's inner circle "actually met" with them.
African ambassadors attending a State Department-organized conversation with Kellyanne Conway left the event disappointed the White House counselor didn't address the president's alleged incendiary remarks about immigration from countries he considered undesirable, diplomatic sources told Foreign Policy.
Conway, a key architect of Trump's presidential bid and one of his top surrogates, spoke to a group of ambassadors, including ones from Africa, on Tuesday morning at the prestigious Blair House near the White House. The event, organized by the State Department's Protocol Office, was open to all ambassadors in Washington, and diplomats from 120 countries RVSPed.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- TOM BRADY: How the greatest quarterback of all time makes and spends his millions
- Tom Brady was 'hurting all the time' at age 25, but he saved his career by changing his diet and lifestyle
- The arrest of the only challenger to Egypt's president shows the country's elections will likely be a sham