Matthew DeBord/Business Insider
- As a quality inspector for Tesla, Jeff Hickethier is responsible for test-driving Teslas as the electric vehicles roll off the assembly line.
- His job is to carefully study every car for flaws that might compromise safety or displease an owner.
- He's been doing this for years and now teaches new hires how to be as obsessive about quality as he is.
Editors Note: Business Insider had the chance to speak with four Tesla employees from different parts of the company to learn more about their work. And what we discovered were some of the coolest jobs at Tesla. We'll be sharing the rest of the profiles this week, so check back for updates.
How's this for a great job? As a quality inspector for Tesla, Jeff Hickethier wakes up before dawn, jumps into his BMW 3-Series, nods toward the Audi R8 supercar that he saves for weekends, and sets off for Tesla's test track in Fremont, California, across the San Francisco Bay from Fog City.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Tesla rolls out new policies to help keep factory workers safe in wake of backlash
- Porsche is making a $7.4 billion bet on electric cars — and Tesla should be nervous
- Ferrari's CEO shoots down claims that Tesla's Model S is secretly a supercar