Jim Rogash/Getty Images
- Nate Silver's NFL projection model is giving the New England Patriots a 58% chance to win the Super Bowl.
- The 58% translates to the Patriots being a 2.5-point favorite.
- The Patriots are a 4.5-point favorite in most Las Vegas sportsbooks.
The New England Patriots are the betting favorite to beat the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl LII, and Nate Silver's model at FiveThirtyEight agrees.
Using a rating system that accounts for margin of victory, home-field advantage, strength of schedule, and prior performance, and then simulating the playoffs thousands of times, Silver determined the probability each team had of winning every playoff game and the Super Bowl.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- POWER RANKING: The top 25 people who will decide the winner of Super Bowl LII
- Gisele Bundchen tried to get one of Tom Brady's former teammates to persuade him to retire — and it appeared to backfire
- The Patriots train more specifically than the rest of the NFL, and players believe it gives them a distinct advantage
FOLLOW US: Sports Insider is on Facebook