- North Korean defector Ji Seong-ho met and embraced Fred Warmbier, father of Otto Warmbier — the US student who died days after his release from a North Korean prison.
- Fred was invited by Vice President Mike Pence for the opening ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics.
Though the atrocities committed by the North Korean regime are numerous and well-documented, stories like North Korean defector Ji Seong-ho's inspires hope for those suffering under political oppression.
And as Seong-ho returned to South Korea after making a rousing appearance at President Donald Trump's State of the Union address last week, he was met with the father of another victim who suffered at the hands North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Here's a look at North Korea's first musical performance in South Korea in 12 years
- North Korea to send Kim Jong Un's sister to the Winter Olympics in South Korea
- Experts are questioning how North Korea paid for its swanky ski resorts