- The world's best hotels offer unparalleled amenities — and often prices to match.
- We've outlined the best hotels in five regions around the world: the US, Canada, Mexico, Europe, and the Caribbean, according to U.S News & World Report.
- The ranking is determined using industry awards and expert reviews, as well as reviews from regular travelers.
U.S. News & World Report announced its 2018 hotel rankings on Tuesday, revealing what it thinks are the best luxury hotels in the world.
The rankings, which span 24,000 hotels, combine industry awards with experts' and regular travelers' reviews to reveal the top places to stay in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Europe.
Due to the hurricanes that devastated the Caribbean this year, U.S. News & World Report opted to not update its hotel rankings for the region.
We pulled out the top five hotels for each region, including last year's rankings for the Carribbean.
Have a look — you might find your next vacation destination:
Caribbean #5: The Baoase Luxury Resort in Willemstad, Curacao is said to have a secluded beach and only 23 rooms, suites or villas, making sure that every guest gets ample attention.Courtesy of Baoase Luxury Resort
#4: The Ritz Carlton on Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman has every kind of amenity you can imagine from complimentary snorkeling and kayaking to a 9-hole golf course.Courtesy of Ritz Carlton
#3: The Jamaica Inn in Ocho Rios, Jamaica has expansive picture-perfect grounds that stretch across beautiful greens and beaches.Courtesy of Jamaica Inn
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- This photographer captured shots of New Yorkers on their way to work for 10 years — and it shows how repetitive a commute can be
- Forget Florida, here are the 24 best places to retire around the world
- Disney CEO Bob Iger has sold his palatial New York apartment for $18.75 million — have a look inside