- President Donald Trump tweeted Wednesday that a strong economy should be pushing stocks higher, and called the market's recent decline a "big mistake."
- His tweet shows he doesn't fully understand the dynamics that drive and have been driving the stock market during his term.
On Wednesday, the president addressed the equity market on Twitter for the first time since a brutal selloff that, at its darkest depths, saw more than $2 trillion of US market cap erased.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Here are the 3 areas of the stock market to buy following the meltdown
- The infamous 'VIX Elephant' trader just returned to harvest the gains he made when stocks went haywire
- One word keeps popping up as Wall Street tries to explain the stock market meltdown